Yoga is a very popular practice that can be used to calm the mind, improve flexibility, and tone the body. The practice has been around for over 5,000 years. Even gentle exercise, such as yoga, can cause our bodies to become sweaty, and this can create germs and bacteria on yoga mats. This recipe for apple cider vinegar yoga mat cleaner can knock them out naturally.
The good news is that there are many natural ways to clean your yoga mat. Some people recommend using soap and hot water, while others use apple cider vinegar. Let’s look at how to make apple cider vinegar yoga mat cleaner.
This article focuses more no the production of apple cider vinegar solution. If you would like to learn the proper procedure for cleaning a yoga mat, check out our article how to disinfect and clean a yoga mat.
How to make apple cider yoga mat cleaner
Apple cider vinegar is a fantastic ingredient that’s natural and can be used in yoga mat cleaners. It can also be used as a multi-purpose cleaner for gym equipment and household cleaning.
Apple cider vinegar is natural and safe to use. It’s also very inexpensive and can be used to clean and disinfect a yoga mat. Apple cider vinegar can kill mold spurs and remove stains created by sweat or grass.
Here’s an easy yoga mat cleaner recipe that uses apple cider vinegar.
You will need
- A cup of water (filtered is best)
- A cup of apple cider vinegar
- Some essential oil such as eucalyptus, tea tree, or lavender oil
- A Spray bottle
1. Mix one cup of filtered water with a cup of apple cider vinegar. Water and apple cider vinegar are the main ingredients of this cleaner. Ensure that you use a 1-to-1 ratio.
2. Next, add between ten and thirty drops of essential oils. You can used either eucalyptus oil, which is popular as it has antibacterial, antifungal, and antiseptic properties, as well as being a deodorant. Alternatively, use tea tree oil, which is a natural disinfectant. You may like to use a mixture of both eucalyptus and tea tree oil. Tea tree essential oil is used to stop bacteria and fungus from growing and is excellent for cleaning.
3. Mix the ingredients thoroughly.
4. Transfer the mixture into a spray bottle. You may also like to add a label to the bottle.
5. Spray the solution onto your yoga mat, leave it for a few minutes and then wipe. You may need to use some elbow grease to scrub off any stains.
What else can apple cider be used for?
Apple cider vinegar is a great ingredient for yoga mat cleaner. The above solution can also be used for other cleaning purposes. You can use the solution to clean your kitchen and bathroom, other gym equipment, or even clean mobile phones and other devices.
In fact, there are so many uses for apple cider vinegar, it’s insane. Here’s 101 of them.
Devices such as cell phones, tablets, and laptops are a haven for germs and bacteria. You can spray some apple cider vinegar cleaner onto a cloth and use it to disinfect and clean your devices. Make sure you don’t get your devices too wet and wipe dry afterwards.
The apple cider vinegar cleaner can also be used to clean tools such as scissors, drills, and metal components. It can not only help to clean them but will also stop metal items from rusting. You may like to soak rusty tools in the solution overnight and then wipe them dry in the morning. This will help to remove existing rust.
Apple cider vinegar can be used to polish stainless steel cutlery and other kitchenware that has lost its shine. It can also be used to polish plumbing features such as faucets.
The solution can also be used to remove food stains from the kitchen counter. You can spray some of the solution on your worktops and leave it to dissolve stains before wiping up.
Try soaking kitchen or bathroom limescale with apple cider vinegar to remove the stains.
Alternative yoga mat cleaners
If you don’t want to make your own yoga mat cleaner using apple cider vinegar, there are many other options available on Amazon. It’s a good idea to use natural yoga mat cleaners so that you aren’t breathing in toxins during your yoga practice. Here are some of the best natural yoga mat cleaners available on Amazon:
Austra has created an effective yoga mat cleaner that is organic and only uses natural ingredients. It contains rose essential oil, which will leave your yoga mat smelling lovely. The rose essential oil also has therapeutic properties. This product has been handcrafted by yoga enthusiasts and can help you keep your yoga mat clean. It doesn’t contain any harsh chemicals and is easy to use; spray your mat and then wipe clean.
Why We Like It
- 100% natural and organic
- microfiber towel included with purchase
- water-based with essential oil infusions
- Eco friendly
- free from parabens, phosphates, and bleach
- perfect for all types of yoga mats and props
The luna lifestyle yoga mat cleaner is made using 100% natural ingredients. It contains organic oils, including coconut oil, olive oil, and jojoba oil. These oils are blended together with geranium, bergamot, and rosemary to create a great smelling product.
These ingredients help to naturally disinfect and clean your yoga mat without using any harmful or toxic chemicals. This product can be used on all types of yoga and workout mats and can also be used to clean yoga and exercise props.
Luna has created a 100% alcohol-free formula as alcohol and other harsh chemicals will break down your yoga mat overtime. If you’re searching for a natural solution that will keep your yoga mat clean, fresh, and looking great, Luna may be the product for you!
Why We Like It
- Made in the USA
- Luna donates 10% of all profits to charity
- 100% natural ingredients
- No harsh chemicals or alcohol
Conclusion: Apple Cider Vinegar Yoga Mat Cleaner
As you can see, apple cider vinegar is a very effective cleaning solution. It helps to disinfect and clean yoga mats and can also be used for many other cleaning purposes. The solution is straightforward to make; add some water, and you’ll have an instant cleaner and disinfectant!